NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Plywood People Project Competition (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the State of Georgia who are at least age eighteen (18) years or older and residing in Georgia at the time of entry, or any person under the age of 18, must have written parental consent. The following are also ineligible: employees and their spouses, immediate families (parent, child, sibling and any of their respective spouses) and household members of any of the foregoing (whether or not related) of Plywood People, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and each of its respective parent, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, including Sponsor, the "Contest Entities"). Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is governed by Georgia law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. HOW TO ENTER. Participants may enter the Contest online on the Contest website, located at www.plywoodpresents.com (“Contest Website”).
To enter the Contest online, participants must (i) log on to the Contest Website between 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 10, 2019 and May 10, 2019, (ii) read, accept and follow all terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the terms and conditions posted for online submissions, and any other instructions for submission of a Contest every available on the Contest Website, (iii) complete the entry form by providing the requested information, including without limitation, participant’s first name, e-mail address and date of birth, (iv) send Sponsor your problem solving Project (see Section in 400 words or less (in English) (collectively, with all information submitted as part of the entry process, the “Essay”), and (v) submit entrants entry by clicking on the “Submit” tab on the Contest Website. Plywood People, Inc. computer clock will be the official time keeper for this Contest. LIMIT: one (1) online entry per person, e-mail address and household per calendar day.
Multiple entries received in violation of the above entry limitation, false or deceptive acts or entries, or entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void, will render a participant ineligible, and also may result in participant no longer being allowed to enter Plywood People Inc. sweepstakes, contests or other promotions in the future, at Plywood People’s sole discretion. Entries must be submitted in the name of an eligible living person and the prize can only be awarded to the person or e-mail account holder whose name is on or corresponds to the winning entry. Failure to comply with the Official Rules, the terms and conditions posted for online submissions and any other instructions for submission of an entry as available on the Contest Website, in the sole discretion and as determined by Sponsor, may result in disqualification of a participant’s entry(ies). All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. SUBMISSION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: To be eligible for this Contest, Written Essays must meet the below entry requirements.
• It must clearly be solving a social problem that currently exists in our community, such as an environmental, humanitarian, transportation or similar problem;
• It must have not previously been submitted in a contest or competition of any kind or have been exhibited or displayed publicly through any means;
• It must be created and submitted by an individual(s) who is 18 years of age or older;
• It must not be created or submitted by any individual who is subject to a contractual, employment or other arrangement that would interfere and/or prevent such individual from entering this Contest;
• It must be typed, not exceed 400 words in length and must be in English;
• It cannot be offensive, threatening, profane, defamatory, discriminatory, harassing, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion; and
• It must otherwise comply with these Official Rules.
Entrants who, in the sole discretion of Sponsors, submit an essay that fails to meet any of these entry requirements will be disqualified.
4. PARTICIPANT REPRESENTATIONS & WARRANTIES; ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
5. OWNERSHIP/USE OF ENTRIES: Entrants agree that Sponsors shall own the Essay/Submission (and all rights embodied therein) and that Sponsors and their designees may exploit, edit, modify, and distribute the entry and all elements of such entry, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, additional permission or notification, or attribution to entrant or any third party (except where prohibited by law), including, without limitation, on the Contest Website. Entrants agree that they will not disseminate or otherwise submit the Essay to any other entity or individual for publication or use. Sponsors reserve all rights not expressly granted herein.
6. JUDGING, VOTING AND WINNER SELECTION:
The Contest consists of two phases: During the first phase, a panel of Sponsors’ judges will review eligible Essays and select up to nine (9) Finalists (as defined below), at Sponsors’ sole discretion, based on the judging criteria, set forth below (“Judging Criteria”). During the second phase, Sponsors will publicly post the finalists’ Essays on the Contest Website. Each finalist will be given the opportunity to give a 5 minute presentation and the use of nine (9) visual slides at the Plywood Presents event on July 31 - August 2, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia (the “Presentation”). Sponsor will work with entrants who may need assistance preparing the visual slides. There will be up to nine (9) finalist judges selected by Sponsor that will determine the winning submission(s) based on the Judging Criteria. Each of these phases is described more fully, below.
Judging: On or around August 1, 2019, up to nine (9) finalists (the “Finalists”), at Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be selected by representatives of the Sponsors (the “Judges”) from among all eligible submissions received based upon the following judging criteria: (i) 25% creativity and originality; (ii) 25% fit with the goal of problem solving solutions; (iii) 25% viability of the submission; and (iv) 25% compatibility with the mission of Plywood People, Inc. (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”). In the event of a tie, an additional “tie-breaking” judge will be selected to determine the Finalist(s) from among the tied entries based on the Judging Criteria. Sponsors reserve the right to select fewer than nine (9) Finalists (or no finalists/winners) if, in Sponsors’ sole discretion, Sponsors do not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified submissions. The Finalists will be confirmed by telephone and/or e-mail and must meet all eligibility requirements including the timely execution and return of all necessary releases and documents within nine (9) days of Sponsors issuing the notification that they are being considered as potential Finalists.
Presentation: During the Presentation, the qualified Finalists’ will be present their Essays Presentation where participants will be encouraged to vote for one of the Essays based on the Judging Criteria. Viewers will be allowed one (1) vote response. Participant voting will not be outcome determinative.
Winner Selection: On or around August 20, 2016, one (1) potential winner and up to (2) runners up (when confirmed by the Sponsors, the “Winner” and “Runners Up”, respectively) will be selected by the Sponsors from among the qualified Finalists using the Judging Criteria and taking into consideration, at Sponsors’ sole discretion, the public votes received during the Voting Period. In the event of a tie, an additional “tie-breaking” judge will be selected to determine the Finalist(s) from among the tied entries based on the Judging Criteria. The Winners will be notified in person at the Presentation on August 20, 2015, must be present to win and must meet all eligibility requirements including the execution and return of all necessary releases and documents within the time specified below, unless otherwise indicated. The decisions of Sponsor and Judges in all matters regarding this Contest are final and binding.
7. PRIZES. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000).
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Winner’s prize is Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000). Winner is solely responsible for all tax consequences of the prize, must sign documents acknowledging acceptance of the prize, and will receive a Form 1099 issued by Plywood People, Inc.
One (1) Runner – Up (People’s Choice) Second place will receive a year-long desk membership at Plywood Place ($4800 value). Third place will receive a free registration to a Plywood Retreat. Total ARV of the Runners- Up prize is Forty-eight Hundred Dollars ($4800).
TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES (2 PRIZES): Nine Thousand Eight Hundred Dollars ($9800) Prizes will be awarded in the form of a check. Prizes are awarded for and must be used in connection with fulfilling the solutions set forth in the winners’ respective Essays.
No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute any prize(s) with a prize(s) of like value in the event the advertised prize, or a portion thereof, is not available for any reason whatsoever. Winner and Runners-Up are responsible for the reporting and payment of any applicable federal, state and local taxes (if any).
By participating in this Contest and accepting the prizes, Winner and the Runners-Up grant the Contest Entities the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their name, voice, picture and likeness, without additional compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Contest Entities and all matters related to the Contest, including without limitation, the judging and voting phases described in Section 6, above, in any manner or medium, throughout the world in perpetuity. Furthermore, each Finalist grants to Sponsors the right to publicly exhibit his/her Essay during the judging and voting phases, described in Section 6, above.
8. GENERAL. The Contest Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet service provider, telephone, telephone lines or other connections, preemptions, blackouts or any other non-controllable acts concerning a television broadcast, or incorrect, incomplete, misdirected, undelivered, lost, late, garbled or stolen entries or computer transmissions, or other errors or problems of any kind which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism, computer virus, worm, bug, or other events or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, which adversely affect the integrity, administration, security, proper operation or fulfillment of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest or fulfillment of the Contest (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, modification or suspension, Sponsors reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such action.
THE RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY AND ENTRANTS AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND AGENTS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY
AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS AND/OR LIABILITY FOR INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY RELATING TO OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST (REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF SUCH INJURY OR LOSS), THE DELIVERY AND/OR SUBSEQUENT USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED AND/OR PRINTING, DISTRIBUTION OR PRODUCTION ERRORS. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE, AND IS NOT IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN LAW OR IN FACT, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS QUALITY, MECHANICAL CONDITION OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Dekalb County, Georgia; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest, but in no event attorneys fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives any and all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages other than for actual out of pocket expense and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplies or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or entrants’ and/or Sponsor’s rights and obligations in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia. If any provision herein is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
10. PRIVACY NOTICE: By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge and agree that any personally identifiable information submitted, such as email address, name and date of birth will be held and used by Sponsors solely to fulfill this Contest.
11. OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNER’S LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules or the winner’s list (which should be available on or about May 1, 2012), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address (please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners”): Project Competition, Plywood People, Inc PO Box 17920, Atlanta, GA 30316. All requests must be received by July 1, 2016.
Sponsor: Plywood People Inc, PO Box 17920, Atlanta, GA 30316
© Plywood People. All Rights Reserved.